Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Hamptons

Next stop on Golden Boy II's summer 2008 itinerary was the Hamptons. I was definitely excited about this stop! We docked the boat in Sag Harbor. It was an ideal location because we were close to the golf courses, but also fairly close to the Long Island Wine Country.

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to tag along when the captain took the Mr. (the owner) to tour the North Fork Wine Trail. I really couldn't believe that I had been invited to go with them. I love going to Napa and Sonoma, so this was right up my ally. To get there we had to take a ferry across the bay. This was yet another new experience for me.

A ferry taking passengers across the bay

Once we arrived in North Fork we visited three or four wineries. North Fork's wine region is unparalleled to Napa and Sonoma's wine regions. This is what I love about traveling. I love discovering things on my own. Forming my own opinions from my experiences, not taking someone else's word for it. This is why I find travel to be so rewarding. It pushes you to think for yourself. To get out there, to wonder, to feel, to ask, to taste, to see, to touch, to experience so many new and different things. Traveling really is the best education.

There was one winery in particular that I enjoyed, Corey Creek. It had the best atmosphere of all of the wineries we visited. Their vineyard was gorgeous.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've only been to a couple wineries in Lodi. I want to visit some. You are lucky to be experiencing so much!!